Audiobook Narration Masterclass weekend with Sean Pratt and Johnny Heller 2018
Audiobook Narration Masterclass weekend
with Sean Pratt and Johnny Heller
Audiobooks are one of the fastest growing areas of the voiceover industry right now. This is an industry that is growing everyday and shows no sign of slowing down.
Due to popular demand we are very excited to bring your our 3rd Audiobook Masterclass Weekend.
- Are you interested in narrating audiobooks?
- Have you always been interested in this area of the industry and want to find out if you have what it takes to make it as a narrator?
- Or, are you already an audiobook narrator but you’d like to improve and learn more?
- Would you like to spend the weekend learning from two of the industries best audiobook narrators and coaches?
- Can you get to London on 12th, 13th and 14th October 2018?
YES? Then this it the weekend for you!
The weekend will be split into a class for beginners and those early on in their audiobook narration careers and then a seperate class for more advanced audiobook narrators who want to improve and learn the skills to be an even better narrator.
LEARN FROM THE BEST
We are incredibly excited to bring to you an exclusive masterclass weekend in London with two of the top audiobook narrators in the world right now, Sean Pratt and Johnny Heller. Sean and Johnny are flying to London from the US to spend the weekend with 30 switched on voiceover artists, audiobook narrators and actors in October. You will be working in groups of around 15 people per class.
Both Sean and Johnny are fantastic teachers and they have both spent many years working with students, helping to shape their careers and businesses.
Sean has narrated over 900 audiobooks!
Johnny has narrated over 700 audiobooks!
'The course was really informative, great value and good fun. It has had a lasting effect and I find myself applying the advice and new techniques learned to all my reads not just audio books - it has also helped my success rate in auditions. Make sure you sign up next time you get the chance!' Menna Bonsels
This is a 2 day workshop all about narrating audiobooks and will include covering the skills you need to narrate both fiction and non-fiction.
Some of the topics will be covered include:
- The “4 Voices of Nonfiction” and how to use them in your narration
- The “3 Step Method” of preparing your audiobook for recording
- “Scoring the Text” in order to create a roadmap for your performance
- Various and unique issues found only in nonfiction text
- Finding the “Narrative Voice” in fiction
- Discovering the “4 Sidebars” and how to use them
- A dive into the challenges of creating realistic dialogue
- The importance of tempo modulation and when to use it in your narration
- Revealing character traits through deconstructing the text
This will be a jam-packed weekend of learning and all attendees will come away from this workshop with knowledge, confidence and skills.
It’s designed for voiceover artists and audiobook narrators of all levels.
You will spend 1 full day working with Sean Pratt on Non-Fiction and then 1 full day working with Johnny Heller on Fiction.
'If you're interested in working as an audiobook narrator or improving your audiobook narration skills, I would highly recommend this course. I especially recommend it to anyone who wants to work in non-fiction narration.' Kirsty Gillmore
Sean Pratt (AEA / SAG / AFTRA) - Well known audiobook narrator and teacher. He has been a working actor for over 30 years and audiobook narrator for 20 years, recording over 900 books in almost every genre and has received 8 AudioFile Magazine “Earphones” awards and 5 “Audie” nominations from the Audio Publishers Association.
Johnny Heller is a commercial voiceover, audiobook narrator, a coach, and teacher. has narrated over 700 titles for adults, young adults, and children. Publishers Weekly named him a Listen Up Award Winner 2008-2014. Audiofile Magazine named him a Best Voice of 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014 and one of the top voices of the 20th Century. He is a multiple Earphone Award Winner.
You get 2 full days plus a bonus ticket to the Audiobook VOND event the Friday night - 1st December. This will be an evening event held at Spotlight with a panel and a Q&A about the audiobook industry and how to get more work.
- Dates – 13th and 14th October PLUS a bonus of a free ticket to the Friday night Audiobook VOND event on 12th October.
- Time - 10:00 – 17:00 on Sat and Sun, Friday will be 7-11pm
- Venue – Spotlight 7 Leicester Pl, London WC2H 7RJ
- Price - £395 Members discounted price £349 (login to the member's area to book)
- Food – Included
'Sean Pratt is a veteran audiobook narrator still way ahead of the game and an enthusiastic communicator eager to relay his insider knowledge and professional tips and tricks to all his students. During his workshop, he explained his finely honed method of approaching a text and illustrated how to convert this analysis into effective strategies for the narrator of both fiction and non-fiction. He also gave great advice on how to develop and maintain character voices for dialogues in fiction, informed by his acting experience on stage and screen. All in all a very worthwhile weekend, for beginners and pros alike. Highly recommended.' Daniel Richards
‘He is patient with new and experienced performers alike and knows what to look for to help his students find new ways to excel. Through his tutelage I was able to significantly reduce the number of technical errors in my reads and to greatly improve both the accuracy and the pace of my narration as well.
Sean Pratt’s services are highly recommended.’ Basil Sands
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE ON THIS WORKSHOP WEEKEND SO BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE!
|Event Date||13-10-2018 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||14-10-2018 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||£395.00 + VAT|