Back for the 4th time, by popular demand!
Character Development for Animation with Dian Perry
- Have you always dreamed of working in cartoons?
- Do you already have some experience in animation or video games, but would like some solid tools to create more character voices?
- Do you want to work on your character improvisation skills so you’re ready for anything in an audition?
- Do you feel ready to put together an animation reel, but don’t know where to begin?
We are very lucky to have the incredibly talented voice actor and teacher, Dian Perry, back again for another Character Development for Animation 2 day workshop. It’s been designed specifically for you (The VoiceOver Network members) and wow, is it an incredibly fun weekend! Every past participant has come away inspired, invigorated, confident, armed with new knowledge and insight into working in this exciting sector of our industry!
'Dian Perry's Animation and Character Development workshop was the first
VON workshop I'd ever attended - and boy did I pick a goodun! I got my
first real glimpse into what I would really need to be successful in
animation voice acting. I'd always loved doing "silly voices" but Dian
gave me tools I could work with to develop, be flexible, explore
techniques and be creative. She broke it down into such an easy to
digest but eye opening way. She was motivating and would work her ways
with you so by the end of it you were doing characters you didn't think
you could do! We got a chance to record our own characters plus work
together with scripts. And we were given the chance to work with some
animation ADR which was incredibly fun and ignited an interest I didn't
know I had! But overall, I took away an invalauble bag of tools, some
great professional advice and I made a few friends at the same time!
Invest in yourself and don't miss this opportunity!' - Ally Murphy, voiceover
artist and member of The VoiceOver Network.
Both days will be held at Casual Films in North London. On Day One, this wonderful venue provides a spacious area to learn, play and create. On Day Two, you’ll be in the professional studio with an engineer to do scene work, record and practice ADR to an animated scene.
Here are just a few of the topics which will be covered on this unmissable weekend:
- Pat Fraley’s 6 elements of a character voice
- Archetypes and why they are so important in character work
- Creating an original character voice from an image
- Physicality and why it’s vital to character work
- Where to get ideas for new character voices
- ADR (dubbing) to a pre-animated scene
- Tips on creating a killer animation reel
- Industry Q&A
* Date: 25th and 26th February, 2017
* Time: 10am - 5pm
* Price: Non Members price - £395 | Members price - £349
* Location: Casual Films UK, 93 Shepperton Road, London, N1 3DF, UK
* Food: Lunch provided
Spaces are limited so make sure you book asap to avoid disappointment.